Debt Awareness Week – Starting the ConversationMarch 17, 2022 5:07 pm
It is Debt Awareness Week next week. Debt is a tricky subject to talk about, and with the increasing cost of living, personal debt is something that is unfortunately also likely to rise.
Now is the perfect time to start the conversation on debt and money worries. The Trustees would like to raise awareness of the support available for those concerned about money problems.
- The United Utilities Trust Fund recommend that you get in touch with your nearest Citizens Advice or other local advice centre where you can obtain free debt and budgeting advice.
- Alternatively, you may want to contact the Money Advice Service to help you find support online, or on 0800 138 7777 (8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday)
- Having conversations about money can be difficult. There’s never going to be a perfect time but the Money Advice Service also have a guide to help walk through the stages of talking about money.
- Debt and mental health can often be intrinsically linked. Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert has produced this comprehensive guide on mental health and debt.
- There are also handy hints and tips to keep household costs down at Ask Bill